Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance companies cover hospice related services 100% with no out of pocket cost to the patient or their loved ones.
- medical supplies
- medications for pain and symptom management related to terminal illness
- medical equipment such as wheelchair, walker, hospital bed etc.
- doctor services related to terminal illness
- nursing visits
- certified nursing assistant visits for assist with bathing, dressing, feeding, meal preparation etc.
- chaplain services for the patient and family, if desired
- social work and counseling services
- bereavement counseling